Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dear Friends,

My father died peacefully this morning, a day after his last conscious words, which were 'I love you very much'. His passing was celebrated by nature by a full moon night of wind, thunder, and lightning, and early this morning, a rare and wonderful desert rainbow. I felt his spirit with me very strongly throughout the night, dancing in the Heavens and reveling in the celebration. I visited early in the morning and was surprised that the cord to his body and breath were then still connected, but Mom called a couple of hours later to tell me that he 'was gone'.

I have sat with his body now for a few hours, and have felt many tears, and my heart remembering the goodness of his being, and the life of mutual love I shared with him. In a few hours his body will be taken to a crematory, and after waiting a few days that he may become used to his non-physical existence, I will witness his body's cremation.

There are plans for a memorial service in the late fall, awaiting the seasonal return of his community of snowbird friends.

I thank all of you for your many prayers and support during this transition. I bow at your feet as a brother on our walk to God, and look forward to the journey of our lives ahead.

Namaste,

David