Monday, January 10, 2011

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 365

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

One.

Christ said "It is finished", but of course, it wasn't. Only one step was finished, but because that one step was taken, entire universes of possibilities came into being....

The same is true in our lives today. Because who we are IN TRUTH is infinite and boundless and vast beyond all conception, the shift from limitedness to the miraculous is actually very tiny.... it is like a nano phase-shift on the atomic molecular level. All our spiritual training is for is to aid us to become quiet enough inside our being to feel the subtleties required to perceive reality correctly. For at that level there is zero tolerance of the impossible egoic lie of being a separated identity. That is why the Course has told us 'purification is necessary first'. And why all the quick fixes can't work.... they can temporarily take us to and show us our holiness (wholeness), but they can't keep us there (as Neem Karoli Baba once told Richard Alpert/Ram Dass).

So where to from Now, and Here? Whatever the illusions of life may teach, the next step into freedom is always through the door of 'willing not-knowing'. For what is 'the spiritual journey' but infinitely repeated moments of coming to 'the trusting', followed by the action of stepping willingly 'into the unknown'.... even up to and through, as Jesus demonstrated, the gates of death.

However, no such free-willed action is possible without actually first tasting of the Love which created All that IS, including our own Self. For it is that Love tasted that convicts our being that IT IS TheSupreme Reality, and it is that Love assimilated that empowers our lives to radiate 'the brightness of the God-filled'. Whatever the form of our service calling, our purpose is to "be the truth we have received", that our brothers may be blessed. In this, we are the messengers of IT that IS. And all we need be is empty of our selfness to see exactly what is, in that moment, The Way.

________________________________

Two. Final comments.

Todays Commentary completes 'my assignment'. I didn't know when I started what I was doing, and many times during the year that was probably a bit visible too. Yet here we are, and while it is still 'now', it is an altered 'now' than the one which would have been if you and I had not shared this journey. Although I did the writing, I sense I did the smaller part. And I sense there is much that will yet come of the seeds I was given to give you. Certainly, there are more seasons coming. So let us, as Papaji often said: 'Wait and see'.

________

To be complete as to 'the new year's plans', tomorrow (after considering --it seems like-- thousands of potential new names spread across the gamut of language) I will write (and you will receive) the first edition of Everyman's Journal... since about 2004. There are many reasons, even though I appreciated your insightful suggestions, for choosing to stay with the name, among which are:

(a) it is one of my historical names personally...i.e., for a period of time in my life in the 1980's, it was the name I commonly used (as my 'spiritual name'), and so it is like to me as if it were 'David's Journal', only using 'Everyman' instead....

(b) I didn't 'make up' the name... I was given it by a Taoist/Zen holy man in a way similar to being given a mantra. In this case, to use the name Everyman was intended to bring to me the spiritual awareness that (as the Course has made totally clear) all beings are 'brothers/sisters'. What I got to see also was that every human state of consciousness was within me too, at least potentially... that in me was the rapist, the murderer, and the saint and master too. That I was not better or worse than any other being.... I was the same. I have come to see that this equality is the foundation of all compassion, both for ourselves, and for others.... and it is in this spirit that I choose to again use the name.

(c) And finally, the name (Everyman's Journal 2011) while simple, is memorable enough to recall, yet it is not a label or a description. In other words, all the other names considered quickly became limitations, as they indicated what the subject tone or content was, and that creates expectations, assessments, and judgements....even before reading. (Take 'Spirit Song Journal', for instance (which was considered)... very nice, but also quite generative of 'new age', 'alternative' categorization. That is fine, but I would like to write for anyone willing to read, not just new agers... and I would like to write about many subjects too, which is why I am choosing to not have A Course in Miracles listed as either subject matter or be in the title.)

Anyway, just so you know... Yes, I will be continuing very much as before, referencing the Course lessons and text often, but I expect also to offer introductions to various other profound writings from the worlds wisdom traditions. And with a title like Everyman's Journal, I can be led anywhere, without creating a reaction because "Hey, I thought this was about ACIM" etc.

Yes, it's been anchored this past year by ACIM, and yet, to tell the truth, it has been much more too. Essentially, it's been the place where whatever I had available to offer, that's what got placed 'in the plate'.

The way I am seeing, ACIM, the Bible, Zen, Krishna-worship, Indigenous Wisdom, Goddess worship.... they all point to, and provide clues to, the great Mystery which Sources us. While some wisdom traditions may be more or less accessible than others to you/me (depending on our history and conditioning), value is available if we are open. Therefore, while discerning our own path, let us also be open.... and in remembrance of our unity.

_______________

The other thing for me to say is that I would like to not promise daily deliveries (although that may usually or often happen). I have been experiencing that I feel more satisfaction from one commentary really well written than several sent that might have been better--- if there had not been a daily deadline. So that is what I plan to do--- let go of the every day thing as a promise/expection, but at the same time, keep them coming too. I'd like you to receive them as gifts, but not expect to set your clocks (or remember what number the lesson is today) by them. As the Course lesson today says, more lessons are not needed. Henceforth just listen to your VfG (Voice for God).... Ask, and you'll be answered, for we are so absolutely not alone.

Again, Thank you for sharing yourself with me. There is only one of us here.

Namaste,

David

PS... I do suggest that if you are called to do the Lessons again, tomorrow is a great day to start!

__________________________

Lesson 365

This holy instant would I give to You.
Be You in charge. For I would follow You,
Certain that Your direction gives me peace.

And if I need a word to help me, He will give it to me. If I need a thought, that will He also give. And if I need but stillness and a tranquil, open mind, these are the gifts I will receive of Him. He is in charge by my request. And He will hear and answer me, because He speaks for God my Father and His holy Son.

EPILOGUE

This course is a beginning, not an end. Your Friend goes with you. You are not alone. No one who calls on Him can call in vain. Whatever troubles you, be certain that He has the answer, and will gladly give it to you, if you simply turn to Him and ask it of Him. He will not withhold all answers that you need for anything that seems to trouble you. He knows the way to solve all problems, and resolve all doubts. His certainty is yours. You need but ask it of Him, and it will be given you.

You are as certain of arriving home as is the pathway of the sun laid down before it rises, after it has set, and in the half-lit hours in between. Indeed, your pathway is more certain still. For it can not be possible to change the course of those whom God has called to Him. Therefore obey your will, and follow Him Whom you accepted as your voice, to speak of what you really want and really need. His is the Voice for God and also yours. And thus He speaks of freedom and of truth.

No more specific lessons are assigned, for there is no more need of them. Henceforth, hear but the Voice for God and for your Self when you retire from the world, to seek reality instead. He will direct your efforts, telling you exactly what to do, how to direct your mind, and when to come to Him in silence, asking for His sure direction and His certain Word. His is the Word that God has given you. His is the Word you chose to be your own.

And now I place you in His hands, to be His faithful follower, with Him as Guide through every difficulty and all pain that you may think is real. Nor will He give you pleasures that will pass away, for He gives only the eternal and the good. Let Him prepare you further. He has earned your trust by speaking daily to you of your Father and your brother and your Self. He will continue. Now you walk with Him, as certain as is He of where you go; as sure as He of how you should proceed; as confident as He is of the goal, and of your safe arrival in the end.

The end is certain, and the means as well. To this we say "Amen." You will be told exactly what God wills for you each time there is a choice to make. And He will speak for God and for your Self, thus making sure that hell will claim you not, and that each choice you make brings Heaven nearer to your reach. And so we walk with Him from this time on, and turn to Him for guidance and for peace and sure direction. Joy attends our way. For we go homeward to an open door which God has held unclosed to welcome us.

We trust our ways to Him and say "Amen." In peace we will continue in His way, and trust all things to Him. In confidence we wait His answers, as we ask His Will in everything we do. He loves God's Son as we would love him. And He teaches us how to behold him through His eyes, and love him as He does. You do not walk alone. God's angels hover near and all about. His Love surrounds you, and of this be sure; that I will never leave you comfortless.

***********************************

My partnership request.... Please consider yourself an important gateway this message is passing through on it's way to others. Please do 'send it on'. Thank you.

***********************************

Rev. David Seacord

Fine Art Painter / Sufi Cherag

david@davidseacord.com

www.davidseacord.com

www.davidseacord-everymansjournal.blogspot.com

www.davidseacord-acimcommentaries.blogspot.com

To subscribe, simply click on the code below to open the subscribe window.

http://davidseacord.us1.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=306aba00e6959c604de750bcc&id=62a1ee7045