Monday, April 26, 2010


Commentary on Lesson 116

©2010 Rev. David Seacord


 

Reviewing:

(101) God's Will for me is perfect happiness.

(102) I share God's Will for happiness for me.

 

 

What is love?  

 

Each day the answer is expressed differently for me, although at the same time, the underlying principle remains the same.  

 

The principle of love is seeing another as yourself.  As myself.  So love is experienced in our connectedness.  

 

I write this while waiting for the crowds to arrive at the art show I am in (again) this weekend.  Yesterday I had thousands of opportunities to experience my connectedness, and individually, with many, I did.  

 

With the crowd in general, the best I was able to get up to was acceptance, and when that was present, the day was enjoyable.  Yet being a country boy in a big city, often I am amazed at what I see.  My judgements are completely familiar to me, as they are 'cultural' more than 'personal'.   Yet they do present a barrier to the presence of love being 'everywhere'.  

 

This is the spiritual path, to first get the insight that 'love is everywhere', and then, to go into the 'market place' (which may be thought of as 'the thickest of the illusion') and practice 'love is everywhere'.  That is important work.  I remember the saying again.... "It is not the falling down, it is the not getting back up, that matters."  

 

For everyone of us, today is another day 'up at bat', practicing our practices, whatever they may be.  In this, we are unified.  And as the Course repeatedly reminds us, we practice that the unifying miracles of love may arise in the live of multiples of thousands beyond ourselves.   

 

Have a wonderful day creating miracles.

 

Namaste, 

 

David